PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
CR7 complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States. CR7 has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Privacy & Cookies Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/. CR7 is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM USERS AND HOW WE COLLECT IT:
When you use the Website, we may collect your (i) personal information (data that personally identifies you), or (ii) aggregate information, concerning your use of the Website and your account activity (e.g., number and times of log-ins, most frequently visited pages etc.) (data that does not personally identify you).
The types of information we collect include:
- Information you provide to us. Information provided by registering on the Website, subscribing to our newsletter, making a purchase or contacting us through the Website or via email, including your name, address, email address, credit card information, and phone number.
- Automatically collected information. When you access our Website, some information such as device type, location information, IP address, webpage traffic, and access time is automatically collected in order to ensure the Website’s functionality. Automatic means of data collection include cookies and web beacons.
- Third party sources. We may collect information from third parties to whom you have provided your information, and consented to the sale, rental or transfer thereof (for example, through social media).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
Your information is processed using primarily electronic means and is used, without limitation for the following services:
- Registration for an account or newsletter;
- Order fulfilment and related activities;
- Management of payments, including anti-fraud control when paying by credit/debit card;
- Marketing communications;
- Customization of content;
- Responding to customer service requests and similar communications from you; and
- Technical assistance.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The Website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software and similar encrypting systems to protect your information when you purchase products on the Website. Only employees, contractors and agents of the Website operator may access user information on a need to know basis and only for the purposes set forth in this Privacy & Cookies Policy.
While we make reasonable efforts to ensure your information is processed and stored in a secure manner, we cannot guarantee the security of data transferred over the Internet and you assume the risk of any such transfer.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION:
Your information will be collected and stored in our servers in the United States (and possibly in cloud based infrastructures maintained by our third party service providers).
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION:
We will use your information notably for the following purposes:
- We may share your information with companies affiliated with CR7, including licensees and joint venture partners located outside of the United States, in accordance with applicable laws.
- We may retain third party service providers in order to process your data in connection with the services provided on the Website (for, ex. shipments, processing payments, logistics services, IT support, customer service or marketing communications). Third parties who perform these operations are only permitted to use the information provided to them to perform their function and for no other purpose.
- In the event there is a change in the corporate structure of CR7 including, without limitation, by merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation, or transfer of substantial assets, we may, in our sole discretion, transfer, sell or assign users’ information collected on and through the Website to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties or successor in interest.
- We may disclose a user’s information when required to do so to comply with applicable law or legal process or to respond to a request from law enforcement or public authorities in order to comply with national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also provide your information where necessary for the defense of legal claims or for fraud prevention purposes.
CR7 may remain liable for onward transfers to its subcontractors and third-party agents.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES:
We provide hyperlinks to third party websites only for the convenience of our users and is not a recommendation that users access such third party websites. We do not guarantee the services or goods provided and sold by such third party websites to Internet users. You agree that your use of any third party website is at your sole risk and without warranties of any kind by cr7, expressed, implied or otherwise, including, but not limited to, warranties of title, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability or non-infringement. Under no circumstances shall cr7 be liable for damages arising from any transaction between you and any third party website or for any information appearing on third party websites.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM AND/OR SHARED WITH SOCIAL MEDIA SITES:
When accessing the Website through a third party social media site and/or application, we may access some of your information from your social media account, such as name, email address, profile picture, location, friend list, posts and/or likes. Please note that some aggregate information, that does not personally identify you, such as content viewed on the social media site/application, may also be collected by us if you access the Website through a third party social media site.
Some of the Website’s services are integrated with social sharing features, e.g., liking or sharing a product on a social media platform. Depending on your settings on your social media accounts, these activities may show up on your profile and be visible to your friends/followers and/or the public. Please note that this Privacy & Cookies Policy does not apply to third party social media sites, and you should always refer to the privacy policies of the relevant social media sites for information concerning their collection and processing of information.
CHANGING, UPDATING OR REMOVING YOUR INFORMATION:
We acknowledge the individual’s right to access their personal data. You may update, correct, block or remove your personal information at any time and free of charge by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask that you identify yourself and the information you wish to access, change or delete for security purposes, and we will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. By removing some of your information, you may not be able to access some of the Website’s features. We may keep some of your personal information if required by law and/or for record keeping purposes.
RECOURSE AND COMPLAINTS:
In compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles, CR7 commits to resolve complaints concerning its collection or use of personal information processing in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles. Any EU residents with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact CR7 at email@example.com.
CR7 has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to an independent recourse mechanism, BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus (“BBB”). If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information or to file a complaint. The services of BBB are provided at no cost to you.
In addition to the above dispute resolution mechanisms, EU residents may invoke binding arbitration before a Privacy Shield Panel if their complaint is not resolved by the BBB or by the Department of Commerce after referral from the relevant data protection authority in the EEA. For more information about binding arbitration, visit https://www.privacyshield.gov.
OPT-OUTING OF OUR NEWSLETTER AND EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS:
You may unsubscribe from any marketing communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” button included in all of our marketing communications or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not share personal data with non-agent third parties, if this practice changes in the future, we will update this policy and provide individuals with a mechanism to opt-out or limit the use of their data.
RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
Pursuant to California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, STE 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210; or by email to email@example.com. For more information about protecting your privacy, you may wish to visit: www.ftc.gov.
If you are a resident of California, you may request that we not share your information with certain affiliates or third parties providers for marketing purposes, and/or you may inquire as to how we have shared your information with third parties providers for marketing purposes. In connection with such request, we will identify the types of information shared and provide you with the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the information was shared. If you would like to receive any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Our Website does not recognize Do Not Track signals. Some third parties may collect aggregate information about the users’ online activities over time and across websites when they use the Website. While this information does not include personally identifiable information, certain processing activities that combine aggregate information with other information in possession of such third parties could result in the identification of users.
While we do not sell products or services for purchase by children, we may sell children’s products or services for purchase by adults. If you are under 18 years old, you may use the Website only under the supervision of a parent or guardian. In accordance with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect, solicit or use personal information of children under the age of 13 provided without parental consent. Should we become aware that a user under the age of 13 has registered without verifiable parental consent, any such information will be deleted.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We use the following categories of cookies on our Website:
- Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details cannot be provided.
- Category 2: Performance Cookie: These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website. For example, we use Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our Website, browse or use our Website and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Category 3: Functionality Cookies: These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our Website from, language and search parameters such as size, color or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Category 4: Targeting cookies or advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
- Category 5: Social Media Cookies: These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
- Use of Web Beacons: Some of our Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY:
CR7 may amend or update all or any portion of this Privacy & Cookies Policy, at any time, without notice, in its sole discretion. Please access this section regularly to verify if any changes were made to our Privacy & Cookies Policy and to review the updated Privacy & Cookies Policy.
This Privacy & Cookies Policy is subject to the applicable laws of the United States, regardless of the location of the user. Any claims or complaints must be filed in the United States in the State of New York.
This Privacy & Cookies Policy is effective as of May 31, 2017.